Thursday, October 14, 2010

Use This!

Every now and then I will introduce a product that I really believe in strongly.  I am the type of person that does a lot of research on different beauty products, I use only the best and I use them for a long time. Today I am going to talk about my facial cleanser.

First you must know that I have used almost everything under the sun.  Everything from Clean and Clear, Neutrogena, Proactive, L'Oreal and Mary Kay.  My skin is combination skin, I never know how it may act, it can be dry or oily, so I really need a cleanser that is gentle but also gets the job done.  After years and years of trying new products, I read an article in Cosmo that said the best way to find skin products is to ask your dermo.  I took this advice and called mine.  (I still advise you to do this if you have a dermo)  But for those of you that don't regularly go to a dermo, I have you covered.

Without question, my dermo recommended Aveeno.  I have heard about Aveeno from sme of my roommates in college but for some reason I never considered it.  My dermo said that Aveeno is the ONLY product out there that is gentle enough not to dry out your skin but still works.  I dropped everything I was doing and ran to Walgreens.  Aveeno has a couple lines to choose from: Positively Radiant, Positively Ageless, Ultra-Calming and Clear Complexion.  I opted for the Clear Complexion line, since I was most worried about break outs.  I have tried the Daily Cleansing Pads, Foaming Cleanser, Daily Moisturizer and the Cream Cleanser.  So far I have loved all the products and I have also switched to using the body lotion.  I like Aveeno because they don't test on animals and the main ingredients used are all natural.

As I mentioned earlier, I will be talking about my face cleanser.  I use the Aveeno Clear Complexion Cream Cleanser.  I really like the richness of the cream and the action of the scrubbing beads.  This product leaves my skin feeling smooth and clean.  And best yet no toner is needed.  It took a little longer for my face to clear up than say Proactive, but I feel that the longevity of the product is more important.  Not only did my face get clear but it has stayed clear and fights against breakouts.  My skin has yet (even during winter) to get dry and patchy.

My advice is to 1. contact your dermo 2. try out an Aveeno facial care line that works for your skin 3. let me know how you like it!

No comments:

Post a Comment